By Katie Bain
Are you a Portland Oregon Homeowner and are planning on selling your home? Before you list your home for sale, make sure you follow these tips:
Improve Your Homes Curb Appeal
The first thing a buyer sees is the outside of your home. If it is not well cared for, many buyers assume the inside is not either and it diminishes any possible interest. Improving your homes curb appeal is easy, here’s how:
· Power wash your driveway and walkways
· Mow and trim your yard
· Cut back overgrown bushes and plants
· Plant new colorful flowers in your flower beds and pots
· Install a new mail box
· Repaint your front door and touch up trim if needed
Clean Up Your Bathrooms
When I show houses to buyers, one of the biggest turn offs is a dirty bathroom. Here are some items that may need to be done to make your bathroom feel fresh and clean:
· Replace any carpet or old vinyl with new tile
· Clean tiles and grout between tile
· Remove old shower doors and replace with new shower curtains
· Install a new faucets and/or shower heads
· Clean out all bathroom cabinets
· Disinfect toilets, medicine cabinets and bath tubs
Improve Your Kitchen
Kitchens often sell a home. Clean the cabinet doors and refinish and/or update the hardware to give them a clean, updated look. If you are able to invest a little money, consider updating your counter tops and appliances and consider adding a backsplash. De-clutter the counters to make them appear spacious and inviting for preparing meals.
De-Clutter and Clean Problem Areas
Removing unnecessary décor and large furniture that my crowd the rooms will help make the home more neutral and feel larger. Deep cleaning can make a big difference and should include wiping down baseboards, blinds and any marks on doors and walls. Cleaning the windows in your home can also make a big difference.
Helping Portland Oregon Homeowners Sell Their Homes
For more detailed tips on how to get your home ready to sell, contact us today by calling (503) 595-8800 or click here to contact us through our website.